Skip To Main Content

Problem Solving

Whom Should I Talk To?

FIRST, TALK TO YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER ifyou have a concern regarding:

  • How your child is doing in class
  • Your child’s behavior, attitude or performance
  • Another child’s or children’s treatment of your child
  • The performance of a teacher
  • How a teacher has evaluated your child
  • Classroom discipline
  • Field trips
  • Volunteer opportunities
  • Curriculum
  • Schedules
  • Class work
  • Homework
  • Behavior
  • Progress

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO TALK TO THE PRINCIPAL if your concerns have not been adequately addressed by the parent-teacher meeting, or if you have a concern regarding:

  • The performance of the Principal
  • Larger school issues
  • Transportation

COME TO A BOARD MEETING if you have a concern regarding:

  • An issue that was not adequately addressed by the Principal
  • School policy
  • School budget

For more information, please refer to the “Problem Solving Guide" on page 13 of the Parent and Student Handbook. If your concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction, please request a copy of Vida Charter School Board Policy Dispute Resolution Procedures.